Monday 28 January 2013

Week Two Run One aka Ouch!

Ouch.

That pretty much sums it up! I ran a teensy bit further today and slightly faster but i found it much MUCH harder. This was the first run of week 2 so the run/walk ratio has switched from 60 seconds of running followed by 90 seconds of walking to now 90 seconds of running followed by 2 minutes of walking. You wouldn't think that would make much of a difference would you? Well i didn't anyway but turns out, it does! It was tough going.

To be frank though there were mitigating factors, like the fact i'm still getting over this damned cold. Also i worked last night and although i went to bed this morning it was only for a couple of hours.

I was worried about already being a few days behind though (week 2 should technically have started on Friday) and that's why i decided to just do it today. Kind of wishing i hadn't now though as my knees are absolutely killing me.

I don't mean in a muscular "What a great workout" kinda way but a "FUCK ME MY KNEECAPS ARE ON FIRE!" kinda way. It's definitely joint pain rather than muscular pain.

I do have dodgy knees. Not officially or anything. I just get creaky aches and pains from time to time. I've always assumed it's because of old injuries from when i was a teen coming back to haunt me now i'm an old lady ;) but maybe they're actually naff and it's only now i am expecting them to actually do something that we're both realising the fact?! I dunno. The internet says i have "Runner's Knee" which is vague and unhelpful but it could have been worse and churned out "arthritis" as an answer.

So i am laid in bed with a snotty nose and sore throat, a wound under one of my boobs, crippling pain in my knees and a fresh new wound on my shin where a vegetable knife jumped off a pile of washing up on the kitchen counter and attacked me while i tried to make dinner earlier.  Leading me to post the following status update to Facebook:

"That's it- i quit. The Holland family.needs a new maid. Working conditions=abysmal, Rate of pay= non existant. Interested? Apply within!"

Emma, Chris's sister expressed an interest in the vacancy so i've hired her on the spot.

Now i can barely move so we're going to need a cook, cleaner, chauffeur, nanny and general dogsbody as well as a maid *sigh*

I'm happy to jobshare with the Nanny but the rest will be full time unpaid positions- anyone?! No-one?!...

No comments:

Post a Comment