Thursday 20 September 2012

Virtual (and Actual) Reality

I am struggling to keep up with things at the minute, both online and off.  I have so much to do that in the rare free moments i have i have difficulty figuring out which to do and in what order.

I have some important work-related stuff coming up next week which has me a little worried.  For one thing i am going to be doing my NLS (Neonatal Life Support) for the first time on Tuesday which is nerve-wracking as it involves a full day of resuscitation training (8am to 6pm or something absurd) plus a practical and theoretical assessment.  You'd think after 4.5 years of working with neonates i'd be confident in my ability to resuscitate them right? Nuh-huh. Let's not forget i've been busy making neonates of my own.  Which is why i am only just getting round to doing my NLS now in fact.

As well as fretting about that i am also starting my Mentorship Course next week.  Something i am beginning to regret applying for as i am feeling like i may have bitten off more than i can chew....but it's too late now.  I just keep telling myself that i can only do the best that i can do and no more...and hopefully my best will be good enough.  Well, it will have to be!

I briefly decided to resurrect my twitter account as i thought there was little point having one if i never used it, but i'm not convinced it's for me. Chris tells me the reason i don't like it is because i don't use properly but i don't know how to use it properly and am not sure i have the energy to figure it out!

I am thinking of getting strict with myself when it comes to social media and adopting a strict "Use it or loose it policy" I did something similar with Myspace and ended up deleting that. Otherwise i just have all these accounts i never use and what's the point?

I thought maybe i could use twitter for my parenty updates, the kind of things that bug the crap out of non-parents when you post them on facebook.  You know- "My kid just pooped on the toilet!" and "Guess what funny thing my baby just did!" to avoid alienating all my non-Mumsy facebook friends but i am not sure i'm capable of compartmentalising like that, or if i should even try...

Anywho, aside from my musings about social networking here's a little over-view of what else we've been up to ;)

Lovely Autumn Walks





Baking Gingerbread Stars (sadly they got a little burnt)


Falling asleep in dentist's waiting rooms (!)


Painting Autumn Pictures



Visiting the runway visitors park at the airport













The latter being a last-minute decision on my part as we'd been stuck inside all snuffly and bored and i decided we needed to get out for the afternoon but it had to be somewhere local and inexpensive.  I was a little worried that we'd get there and that Toby would declare the aeroplanes "TOO NOISY" and want to go home or that Rudy would be bored, or that it would start pouring with rain or some such.  But it actually went really well.  They were both mesmerised by the planes and we spent a good hour and a half there before we got a bit chilly and decided to head home and the whole thing cost me £12 which i didn't think was bad- £6 to park and £6 for a little toy plane for Toby that he's in love with :)

Today we've still got the sniffles and we're and currently camped out on the sofa watching Home Alone (yes it's September, no i don't care! I just want ten minutes peace- more if possible!)

It's amazing how quickly Autumn has arrived and made itself at home.  Already the leaves are changing colour and falling, we're having to put the heating on at least once every day, i have started wearing my dressing gown over my PJs and i've asked Chris if we can go up in the loft this weekend to  unearth the hats, gloves and scarves box! The only thing missing thus far is conkers! We can't seem to find any anywhere! Where are they all?!

I love autumn and i'm looking forward to all the exciting stuff it's got in store, i just hope we're going to be able to squeeze it all in!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your nls training, I'm sure it'll go fine and at least it's just a day.

    I'm sure you've noticed I'm a twitter addict. I use it for all my inane thoughts and those moments where something funny happens, or sad, or annoying and I just want to vent about it but don't feel it an appropriate thing to text an individual :/

    ReplyDelete