Tuesday 11 June 2013

Weight Loss and Lightbulbs

I'll keep this brief because I can't think of anything more tedious than hearing about someone else's attempts at a diet.  Unless we're counting hearing about other people's plans to remodel their kitchen or bathroom, which are also mind-numbingly tedious and have me silently pleading "unless you're planning to let me cook all my meals or take all my showers in it please STFU!"

As you may know from my earlier rant, I am currently attempting Weight Watchers as a way to lose some extra weight that I appear to have accumulated somewhere between going back to work last year having a mirena coil fitted, celebrating christmas and stopping breastfeeding.

The first week did not go well (as you may have gathered from aforementioned rant).  I was 12 points over by the end of the week, constantly ravenous and didn't lose so much as 1lb (somewhat predictably).  The second week I didn't track what I ate because we were away at a wedding and I was having far too much fun to care.  I weighed myself anyway out of curiosity and was pleasantly surprised to discover that although my weight was static, at least I hadn't gained any.  I am now at the end of my third week, in which I have tracked every single thing that I have eaten and have managed, somehow to keep it within the points allocated to me (only just, but nonetheless) and I have lost...drum roll please...3lbs!

I have been complaining almost non-stop about having to account for what I eat and feeling that it will never work, so the loss, all be it a small one, is a happy surprise and gives me hope that all this studying of packaging and calculating points will not be in vain.

In other news I haven't been blogging much because I have had what you might consider a LIGHTBULB moment (I so can't write that without thinking of Despicable Me, oh how I love that movie!)

See it turns out, there is only a finite amount of time.  Within my day that is. 24 hours to be exact.  And each one of those I spend writing blog posts is one hour I am not spending writing the book that I started and promised myself I would finish.  And so, although blogging is more appealing, because it's about a million times easier and I do (very occasionally) get feedback, I am having to be strict with myself, in much the same way as with my nutritional intake, and limit the amount of time spent indulgently waffling into cyberspace in order to Write (note capitalisation there).

So if you're one of my ten readers who noticed I've been a bit quiet, now you know why.  You can fully expect my usual blathering quota to be fulfilled just as soon as I hit a wall with the book ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment